First, a heartfelt thank you to my dear friend, fellow author and really good blogger, Ari Meghlen. She’s honest, fun and has a lot to offer.
Second, I took “Mystery Blogger” the wrong way. I immediately thought “blogs by mystery writers” because I am a mystery writer. DUH!
The creator of this award: Okoto Enigma has this to say: “I created the award because there are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered, yet.”
Yeah, well. I’m not sure how amazing my blog is, but it’s certainly barely discovered.
There are, like with any award, rules for The Mystery Blogger Award. They are:
- Put the award logo/ image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best posts
Three things about me:
1) I’m still amazed by some of the things I’ve discovered, over the years, that I can do. I’ve been an artist, a good wife and mother, I’ve been a fencer (foil and sabre – right and left handed), I’m a passably good bluegrass fiddler – and I’m a published, award winning author. I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d be any of those things.
2) This year I will be turning the same age as the title of one of The Beatles songs. Can you guess how old I’ll be this coming birthday?
3) I’m a Christian – but then again, so was J.R.R.Tolkien, so it doesn’t mean I can’t write good books that everyone can enjoy. 😉
I thought I could come up with more bloggers to nominate, but I discovered many of the people who I thought I was reading their blog, it was actually their newsletter and they don’t have a blog.
The bloggers I’m nominating are:
I hope you’ll give them all a visit.
And to my nominees – I hope you all found your nomination comment from me on your blog and that you’ll join in on this award. 😊
Ari’s 5 Questions to me.
- Which book, if any, can you read over and over again?
The Lord of the Rings. I have read it over and over again since I first read it in 1966.
Also, A Christmas Carol. I love the movie version with George C. Scott, but the story is marvelous to read!
- If you got teleported into a novel, which novel would you want to end up in?
Hard to say as I wouldn’t want to live when there’s no electricity and indoor toilets 😉 . I guess one of Agatha Christie’s mysteries, or maybe into my own books – I like the characters who live in Twombly, Illinois.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I really don’t know. I love the ocean, but don’t really want to live too near it. I’ve been to England twice and Scotland once, lovely places but I’m not sure I’d want to live there. I guess it would be where I am. I wish our town was doing better economically, it would help the feeling of the place be cheerier, but other than that, where we live has a lot of good things about it.
- Do you like octopi?
Yes. I think they are fascinating creatures.
- If you were stuck on a rollercoaster for an hour, would you want to be stuck on one that goes up and down or round and round?
Oh my! A whole hour and it’s moving the whole time? Ach!!!!
I love the traditional roller coasters that do circle around (you end up where you started) but are mostly hills with a few tight turns. If it just went round and round, I don’t last long on those at all.
It was different when I was in my teens. I could ride anything then and was fine. Alas, I can’t do that any more.
My 5 questions for my nominees:
1) Does your blog have a theme? If yes, why did you choose that theme?
2) Where is your favorite place to go for a vacation – or where you would like to go if you could go there.
3) Has your favorite subject in school stayed a part of your life? (As in, if it was art do you still do art things? Music – are still playing or singing?)
4) When was the last time you played a board game or a card game using real cards? (FUN QUESTION)
5) Do you read to relax? If you do, do you have a genre that is your go-to relaxation genre?
Share a link to my best posts:
Ah . . . in doing this I’ve found that I haven’t done a post of my own since a year ago on Feb. 14th 2017! And that was a guest post at Ari’s site: Love, twue love
And before that the last one I wrote that’s on my own blog is: Death in my Dryer also from February of last year. I really need to get better at this . . .
🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝
Thank you for stopping by. This is a lot of fun and I hope you’ll join in by picking a question or two and answering them in a comment below. Let’s get to know each other better. 😃